God chose you to be Holy (Part 1)
1 Peter 2:4-12
• The nation of Israel were chosen to be different from other nations.
• Other nations worshipped other gods.
• The nation of Israel were to worship One true God, the Almighty God.
• They were not to be like other nations but were to be example to the rest of the world.
• In the same way as children of God, we are not to be like other people who are not born again but should be example to the rest of the world.
• We are to be different.
• God calls this “holy”.
• Holiness has two implications.
* First, is talking about being different from the rest.
*Second, it refers to be separated to a particular person or purpose.
• In our case as Christians, we are separated to God.
• We are to be holy unto Jesus. We are to be for the enjoyment of Jesus.
• The Bible says we are the bride of Jesus. We are married to Jesus.
• It hurts God when we cheat.
• We should be holy. We are called to be for the enjoyment of Jesus.
• We should, therefore, live our lives in a way that will please Jesus.
• God wants to be the one and only God in your life.
• What is to be Holy?_It is to be set apart
• Why should be Holy? _ It is our inheritance
• How can we stay Holy?_ by making Jesus our one and only