We Are Not Of This World (Part 2)
Sunday Morning Service Notes
We are not of this World – Part 2
• Jesus Christ prayed as recorded in John 17 that His disciples are not of this world. He further prayed that God the Father would keep His children from the evil one.
• Go will keep His children in the midst of danger in the world.
• Children of Israel were at one time in Egypt. Though they were in Egypt, they were not of Egypt. They were different from the Egyptians.
• They followed different God than the gods of Egypt.
• Their faith was on the living God than the dead gods of Egypt.
• They kept different customs than the customs of Egypt.
• Their lifestyle was different from the lifestyle of the Egyptians.
• This must be a lesson to us today.
• We follow the different God than the gods of this world.
• Our faith should be on the living God than the dead gods of this world.
• We keep different customs than the customs of this world.
• Our lifestyle should be different from the lifestyle lived by people in the world.
• The blood of the lamb on the lintels and doorposts was giving to the Israelites for protection.
• The lamb was killed for the Israelites.
• The lamb was to be eaten in full.
• The blood could not work if the lamb was not eaten
• We overcome by the blood of the lamb.
• The blood of Jesus cannot work unless the Lamb, Jesus is not eaten in full.
• Sons of Sceva are an example
• When the Bible says that they were itinerant Jewish exorcists, it means that they were moving from place to place to supposedly cast out demons.
• We are not told of their success rate in the past. But in this instant, they tried using the name of Jesus whom they did not have a relationship with, and they were not successful.
• Evil spirits knew Jesus and recognised Paul who had Jesus.
• Evil spirits could not recognise the authority of the name of Jesus with the sons of Sceva. Sons of Sceva did not have a relationship with Jesus, so they did not have the right to use the name of Jesus.
• In Egypt, the children of Israel had to stay behind the blood of the lamb in order to be safe. The angel of death could not touch them.
• In the New Testament, the children of God should stay behind the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ in order to be safe.
• Demons ravaged sons of Sceva because they were not behind the blood of Jesus.
• You cannot use the authority of the name of Jesus, while you are not behind the blood of Jesus Christ, that while the blood of Jesus is not backing you up.
• The devil knows that while you are behind the blood of Jesus he cannot do you any harm. He will try by all means to get you out of and away from the blood of Jesus.
• Do not give the devil any opportunity.
· He would want you to be offended.
· He would want you to be discouraged.
· He would want you to jealous.
· He would want you to be hateful.
· He would want you to be angry.
· Never give him any opportunity.
· Walk in love
· Walk in the peace of God.
· Walk in faith.
• Revenge, discouragement, jealousy, hatred, offense, and such, are all of the system of this world. They are the works of the flesh.
• We are not of the system of this world.
• We are of the kingdom of heaven.
• In the kingdom of heaven, we walk in the Spirit. We do not fulfil the works of the flesh.